Roman’s Cake Smash

Cake smashes seem to be THE latest and hottest thing for child photography these days. Actually, I’m not sure if it’s new or not, but I like itttt. I’d love to look back at pictures of myself indulging in my first cake to celebrate my first birthday, but unfortunately I don’t  think photographers were quite as cool a few decades ago. Again, I’m thankful for my God kid’s mom, Brit,  for allowing me to test this out with her our baby. I’m sure I’ll have several other ideas and I guess it’s a win for her as well because she gets awesome and memorable documentation of her favorite little people. Ah, it seems like just yesterday we were watching him get his first bath and telling MJ it was finally…BIG SISTER DAAAAY!!!

Never mind how rough she’s looking…it was a loooong night for us all & this was her FIRST time ever holding our Romester! *melts*  I will never ever ever forget this day.

So I can honestly say I haven’t been this ecstatic about a photo shoot since…since…forever! Don’t get me wrong…I get little butterflies in my stomach RIGHT before every single shoot, but I just knew THIS one would be loads of fun. I knew that my little Romester would be a handful to shoot, but I also knew that I’d get great images because he’s got more personality than any kid I’ve ever been around…well, since my little brother. My baby is now ONE today! Although, the end result was quite messy I’m thrilled with these pictures. I enjoyed searching Etsy for the perfect colors for him with Brit and running around Augusta looking for a cake stand and balloons with MJ and Stace (my best friend). We made a great team!

I’m looking forward to more cake smashes and if you’ve got a kid that’ll be celebrating a birthday, what are you waiting for to schedule their cake smash session?! 🙂 Here are the pictures if you need a little more convincing…

Staying true to his age group, he gave me tears and a tantrum to end it!

MJ was such a big help with this. She even volunteered to hop in the tub to clean the cake off Roman…so of course I let her make a guest appearance in the photos 😉

Out of them all, these two are my favorites from their session. They’re the most loving kids and they’re SO close and it shows. & YES, Brit came up stairs and said “Where’s Meme?!” & MJ says “She’s in the tub with us!” I just hopped in FULLY dressed to get the shot on the right when I saw Roman hugging her…It was the most “in the moment” thing I’ve ever done…LOL!

Thanks for looking at my beautiful little loves. <3 MJ’s Princess Themed bday shoot will be up NEXT!

Facebook Share Tweet Post Email Post Contact Me Pin it
July 29, 2016 - 7:33 pm

Venus M Brown - PRICELESS!!!

May 7, 2013 - 12:14 am

MY Pey Bear’s Cake Smash » Farrahn E. - […] a pleasure to subject my God children to my idea of “fun” (Check out my God son’s HERE) ! LOL! These are the pics that parents will always adore and pull out to embarrass ya! […]

August 2, 2012 - 5:48 pm

Skyla So Badd Peterson - Aw!

July 19, 2012 - 5:09 pm

MJ’s 7th birthday! » Farrahn E. - […] I can’t take the credit for this one. It was ALL her idea. After running around with me for Roman’s cake smash she said “You know, I have a birthday coming up too. Why can’t I have […]

July 17, 2012 - 4:00 am

Farrahn Evans - Thank you! I thank him for bringing you all into ours! Couldn’t imagine my life without you all! I really appreciate the continued love and support.

July 17, 2012 - 3:58 am

FarrahnE - Thank you all SO SO much for the kind comments! 🙂

July 17, 2012 - 1:52 am

Naomi - Farrahn, I am Deborrah’s coworker. She told me about the gorgeous photos you did of Roman and she was not exaggerating. They are stunning! I wish I had pictures like these of my two girls enjoying their first cake experience!

July 17, 2012 - 1:42 am

Dolphus E Bell II - Wonderful images!!!

July 16, 2012 - 7:20 pm

Renee McCalla - I loved every minute……

July 16, 2012 - 7:03 pm

Deborrah Howard - Farrehn: These shots are priceless. You’ve truly captured the love my grandkids have for each other. I thank God everyday for bringing you into our lives so many years ago! Awesome job, sweetie.

July 16, 2012 - 6:47 pm

Ingrid Marshall - Thanks for sharing Brit. True tear jerker!!! Love every one of them.

July 16, 2012 - 6:43 pm

Ingrid Marshall - Wonderful Job Farrahn. These two are camera junkies aand photograph beautifully. You’ve captured some wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing.

July 16, 2012 - 6:41 pm

Ingrid Marshall - Wonderful job Farrahn. Real tear jerker for their Auntie that doesn’t see them often. He is a real Hamm!!! They both are not camera shy and that surely made your job easier. Thanks for the memory. I will spread your name around for photography.

July 16, 2012 - 6:21 pm

Bri' Howard - Great job MEME u are the best. There’re going to be so excited to see it. Everyone book your photoshoot she’s really worth it.

July 16, 2012 - 6:18 pm

Invincible Hollywood - Omg u did really good. These are some beautiful pictures. Keep it going…

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *